CourseAdvisory is consultations and workshops designed to promote student-centric activities and online course management strategies. We use powerful elearning strategies to leverage faculty expertise and teaching approaches.
- The professor requests an advisory meeting after receiving the CourseMap,
- Customized Momentum® workshops are presented virtually and on campus.
Course Management Strategies
We offer consultations to help faculty optimize course management strategies that typically relate to managing time such as:
- Allocating time for working on courses
- Keeping a regular schedule of brief logins to read discussion items
- Establishing a “day off” during the week
- Thinking carefully about assignment due dates and test scheduling
- Arranging virtual office hours
- Setting a maximum response turnaround time
ClearAlignment has many recommendations for instructional activities that elicit problem identification and solving, critical thinking, creativity, and negotiation. Some strategies we recommend are:
- Cooperative learning involves small groups working together to accomplish a learning task.
- Presentations are learner-presented assignments done individually or in small groups.
- Panels are a way to include many voices on a subject. Students ask questions in Q&A sessions.
- Brainstorming is a way to put thinkers to work. Present them with a situation and ask the students to think creatively.
- Media creation such as videos, blogs, games can be public service response to an issue.
- ClearAlignment supports your institution by providing access to curated resources dedicated to teaching and learning. Our Library’s mission is to prepare users to be lifelong learners in an information-rich society.
- Momentum® workshops/webinars offer faculty flexible opportunities for professional development. Workshops can address course design, course alignment, creating and using rubrics, and more.